Garbage Disposal Repair in Los Angeles
Our team offers professional and reliable garbage disposal repair services for homes and businesses in Los Angeles. Whether your disposal unit is not working at all, making strange noises, or leaking, our experienced technicians will diagnose the problem and provide a solution. We can fix a variety of issues, including problems with the motor, blades, wiring, or other parts of the disposal. Our services also include cleaning and maintenance to keep your unit running smoothly. Trust us to get your disposal unit back in working order in no time.
Common Garbage Disposal Repair Problems
Some common problems that can occur with garbage disposals and require repair include:
- Jammed blades: Food debris can sometimes become lodged in the blades of the disposal, preventing it from functioning properly.
- Leaking: Garbage disposals can develop leaks in various places, such as the mounting assembly or the seals around the blades.
- Motor problems: The motor can malfunction or burn out, preventing the blades from spinning.
- Clogged drain: Food debris and other materials can sometimes become lodged in the drain pipe, preventing the disposal from working properly.
- Humming noise: If the disposal is making a humming noise but not working, the flywheel may be jammed.
- Burning smell: This can indicate an electrical problem or a jammed impeller.
- Overheating: Garbage disposals can overheat if they are not cooled down properly, this can cause burning smell, or unexpected shut down
It’s important to note that trying to repair a garbage disposal on your own can be dangerous and is not recommended. It is better to call a professional to diagnose and fix the problem.
AMPM Appliance has been in business for 31 years.
All of our technicians are trained and certified.
AMPM Appliance is licensed and insured.
Sign you need Garbage Disposal Repair
Here are some signs that may indicate a need for garbage disposal repair:
- The disposal is not turning on or making any noise: This could be an issue with the power supply, a tripped breaker, or a problem with the motor.
- The disposal is making a humming noise but not working: This could indicate a jammed flywheel that needs to be cleared.
- The disposal is leaking: This could be caused by a problem with the mounting assembly or a damaged seal.
- The disposal is clogged: This could be caused by a buildup of food debris or other materials inside the disposal or in the drain pipe.
- The disposal is making strange noises: These noises could indicate a problem with the blades or other internal components.
- Disposal smell bad: A bad smell coming out of the disposal can indicate a clog, or a build-up of food waste inside, which could lead to the need of professional cleaning.
- Disposal frequently gets jammed, is not grinding properly.
If you notice any of these signs, it’s best to call a professional to diagnose and repair the problem. Ignoring these issues can lead to more serious problems, such as leaks, clogs, or damage to other components in the disposal unit.