Appliance Care And Maintenance TipsMarch 23, 2021 7:25 pm
If you want your appliance to last a long time, it is a known fact that proper care and maintenance will help you with that. Taking care of your appliances, no matter how small the detail, may help make the appliance last longer. So here are a few appliance care and maintenance tips that will help you out based on different appliances.
Refrigerator & Freezer
- If there is a water dispenser or ice maker in your refrigerator, change the water filter every six months.
- Keep these appliances clean. Grime or ice buildup can lower efficiency.
- Clean Refrigerator Coils. On many fridges, you can get to the coils by removing the front grill. However, if they are located in the back, pull out your fridge to clean them.
- The fridge gaskets need to be cleaned. If the refrigerator door gaskets are clean, they’ll seal properly and last the fridge’s life.
- If you notice something is broken or damaged, give a call to your appliance repair specialists to come to help you.
- Make sure to clean your dishwasher at least once every six months. This will help keep all your dishes clean.
- You can pour a couple of cups of vinegar into the bottom of your dishwasher and run on low to make it clean.
- You can replace or cap any rusty lines by buying a kit so that your dishes don’t get stained.
- Repair or replace the dish racks if the plastic coating begins to wear off. So it doesn’t fall off during the washing.
- If you need any help or find something broken, you can always call professional appliance repair specialists.
- Run the self-clean cycle to clean the over as it is an easy way to get the cleaning done. Then unplug your oven before cleaning the interior thoroughly.
- You can also remove the oven’s knobs for easy cleaning. Spray some cleaner on a paper towel or cloth before wiping it down.
- If you put food in the oven that might boil over or drip, place a baking sheet beneath it to catch the drippings.
- If you notice any other problems that you don’t understand, contact your appliance specialist.
- Stove Spills could cause the burner to stop working. You can then use a toothbrush to clean off food spills from the igniter.
- If the burner on your electric stove isn’t working correctly, turn the burner off and pull it out of the bracket. Please clean it up and then plug it back in. Wiggle it around to make sure that it is not loose. However, if you feel like it is loose, you might have to remove the burner again. This time bend the burner prongs, so they are slightly outward for a tighter connection.
- If your stove has coil burners, you need to watch out for tiny red spots. If you notice them, it could indicate that the burner will short out soon.
- Since burner stoves use gas, it would be safer to leave these problems to professional appliance specialists.
- Use cold water for the grinding process and at least 30 seconds after you turn off the disposal. This will help keep the blades in proper condition.
- Your disposer will smell better if you clean the guard. All you have to do is lift the flaps and scrub them with a toothbrush.
- If your garbage disposal gets stuck or is not working anymore, call your appliance repair specialist near you to help get it done.
- Saving energy is essential, so unplug your microwave when it isn’t in use.
- Don’t run the microwave without anything in it. This can damage your appliance and even cause a fire.
- There are some specific items that you must not put into your microwave, like aluminum foils, metal items, styrofoam, eggs, etc.
- There are many washing machines on the market today that are energy efficient. However, every washing machine has certain detergents that can be used. Make sure to use a detergent that is appropriate for the machine.
- After washing a laundry load, leave the door open to allow air into the interior and prevent mold from forming.
- Wet laundry that lingers around inside the washer can also bring about a moldy interior.
- Give the door, gasket, drum, and dispensers a good once-over with water and vinegar every once in a while.
- Don’t use extra detergent. This would leave residue in the washing machine, causing wear and tear over time.
- Many dryers come built-in with this white plastic tubing that is prone to melting and cracking. You can replace this with proper aluminum tubing if you want.
- It is vital to make sure that there is no lint present in both the interior and outside of the dryer. Removing the lint will allow your clothes to dry up faster.
- If you notice that the dryer is taking longer than before, there is something wrong. It is most likely that the lint is getting clogged up somewhere. However, if you can’t find the problem, it’s best to call in a specialist.
- A shaky dryer is a sign to fix your dryer stability. Too much shaking would likely mess up some parts or cause them to break. So it is essential to make sure that the dryer is stable.
Categorised in: Blog
This post was written by Admin